[Valarie chose the lesson for Sept. 6 - Ch. 30, "What's Your Story?" Have at it...]
Everyone loves a story... whether it be a romance, sci-fi, or mystery. Some like them as a hobby, a way to escape or as a coping mechanism. But have you ever thought of YOUR story?
Psalms 139:13-16 says "....all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Christ has written your story already. He knows the ending already. How great would that be if we could flip to the back of our book and see how it ends!?
Would you be afraid to read it? Ashamed? Proud? What would you change, if anything? How would you like the story to end?
.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ok i will lead off:
ReplyDeletei dont want to know how my story ends. would be too tepmting to try to change it. as for my story thus far; i am not proud of all it by no means. BUT thanks to the great gift of Christ's forgiveness, i dont have to dwell on it. I can look to what is yet to be written and make a point to make it something I am proud of.
MY story...well it is a drama-adventure-mystery-comedy that I have guarded well. There are parts I would want to censor for fear those dear to me would not understand and judge me harshly. There are parts I would like to shout from the rooftops in celebration because I made it through! But the end, ahh..no...tempting as it may be, I wouldn't want to know. My faith that God has plans to prosper me and not harm me..etc, makes me OK with not knowing. I have a hope for a good ending that may infact bring a tear, but ultimately will make my Jesus smile with pride!
ReplyDeleteI'd like a peek at His story of my life... especially the parts that would have been different (better) if I hadn't been so intent on writing MY story and getting in His way. We can't go back (and I really wouldn't want to) but there's a 30 year lapse when I wasn't living my faith... I'd sure change that if I could.I don't concern myself much with The End 'cause I know where I'm going (:
ReplyDeleteI do NOT want to know the end of my story - or anything else between now and then. I'm at a really good place in my life, but had I been given the opportunity to look ahead fifteen years ago, I believe I would have doubted that I could get to this point and I may even have made choices that would have guarenteed that I wouldn't get here. I also claim Jeremiah 29:11 and KNOW that God has a plan for my life and that I will prosper under that plan. My goal is to try to stay out of God's way while He executes His plan! (I'm not always successful at that!)
ReplyDeleteI'm like the rest of you - I have plenty that I'm not proud of and things that I would change in hindsight, but I know that all that "stuff" is what has made me the person I am today. And I like myself and I think God likes me, too! As far as The End of my story - I have a spot reserved in heaven and I'm really looking forward to checking in at God's appointed time!
I'd definitely would look at the end if I could, that's just the curiosity in me. If I were to see how things could turn out, then maybe I could change future mistakes that I'm surely to make, plus just to know if the plans I'm making now are going to work out to the best or not. How could you not want to peek if you could? Don't think I'd want to know how long I have to live or anything like that, just the things I can directly effect with my actions. I think it's human nature to want to know the unknown.
ReplyDeleteAs for my life thus far, I think if it were a movie I'd be the character you'd get mad at, yelling at the screen "why would you do that?" or "How could you be so stupid?" Just didn't always make wise choices or even seek Godly council in a lot of the decisions I've made, and I always stumble all over the traps I've set for myself. I'm a lot more contemplative about life decisions and look to God and Christians in my life for guidance. Hopefully there are a few bright spots that my Father in Heaven will be able to look at and say He's proud of me, although that kind of praise would be hard to accept knowing what He's done for me in exchange for my stubbornness and nearsightedness.
All that said, I believe only good things are to come for me. I try to always keep Christ in my sight and that gives me more hope for tomorrow than anything else. My hope is that my best work for Him is still to come, and I'll be discerning enough to see that opportunity and put my all into it.
There is so much that I'm waiting for (re: the first blog entry) that I would not be able to stand not looking ahead. Who is the man I'm going to spend the rest of my life with? What am I going to do with my life?
ReplyDeleteIf I could go back and change things....maybe I would, maybe I wouldn't. Like all of you, there are things that I'm not proud of, but looking back, every mistake I made led to something else. All the mistakes I made in High School led me to TJ. Even thought I spent more time miserable than happy with TJ, I never would have had Annabelle had I not been with him. All the hell he put me through is SO WORTH having Annabelle (even though I look forward to his weekends). So...I dunno. As the old saying goes, you change the past, you change the future. I wouldn't want to change the past for fear of lessening my chances of the wonderful things in store for my future.